Ramadan 2017 Announcements
Based upon the confirmed reports that have reached us, the crescent moon was not sighted in different parts of the Muslim worlds.
Therefore, Friday may 26, 2017 is the 30th Day of Shaban. And Saturday May 27, 2017 is the 1st day of Ramadan. Ramadan Mubarak!
Here are some things you can do right now to prepare yourself for Ramadan 2017:
1. Sincere Repentance:
This is wajib (or obligatory) at all times, but because Ramadan is fast approaching, it is even more important to repent from sins between you and Allah, and between you and other people by giving them their rights, so that when the Ramadan 2017 begins you may busy yourself with acts of worship with pure heart and a peace of mind.
It was narrated from the pious predecessors that they used to pray to Allah for six months that they would live till next Ramadan, and and then would pray to Allah as well for five months afterwards that Allah would accept it from them.
Muslims should ask Allah to let him or her live until Ramadan with a strong religious commitment and good physical health, and he or she should ask Allah to help him obey Him during the month, and ask Him to access his or her good deeds from Him.
3. Rejoicing at the approach of Ramadan:
The arrival of Ramadan is one of the greatest blessings that Allah bestows upon His Muslim slave, because Ramadan is one of the occasions of good in which the gates of Jannah are opened and the gates of Hell are closed. It is also the month of Quran.
4. Discharging the duty of any outstanding obligatory fasts:
Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) said: “I would owe fasts from the previous Ramadan and I would not be able to make them up except in Shaban.” [Bukhar 1849 & Muslim 1146]
Ibn Hajar commented on this hadith:
From her keenness to do that in the month of Shaban, it may be understood that it is not permissible to delay making them up until another Ramadan begins. [Fath Al-Bari 4/191]
5. Reading Quran:
When Shaban began (the month before Ramadan), ‘Amr Ibn Qays would close his shop and free his time for reading the Quran. Salamah ibn kuhayl said: “It was said that Shaban was the month of the Quran readers.”
Abu Bakar Al-Balkhi said: “the month of Rajab is the month of planting, the month of sha’ban is the month of irrigating the crops, and the month of Ramadan is the month of harvesting the crops.
6. Others things to do before Ramadan:
- Seeing knowledge in order to be able to follow the rulings on fasting and to understand the virtues of Ramadan.
- Sitting with one’s family members – children – to tell them of the rulings on fasting and encourage the young ones to fast.
- Try to regulate your sleep before Ramadan. If you normally sleep late and wake up late, start changing that habit from now on because during Ramadan you will be waking up early for Suhoor. You will sleep so that you can wake up for suhoor the next day.
If you enjoyed reading this blog, please share it with family and friends. Take care.