The effort to build this Masjid in Toronto was started by a group of brothers and sisters who have established a charitable organization.
Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque is a federally incorporated charitable organization established in 1990s. It is a place of worship, a spiritual guidance, and community center. This is where Muslims worship & pray to Allah, study and discuss Islam.
In order to accomplish its goals, we purchased a property (0.84 acres) in November 26, 1996 at 16 Bethridge Rd. in Etobicoke. The original cost of the building was $450,000. The property was zoned for Masjid and is accessible by car and as well as by public transportation.
By the grace of Allah, dedicated brothers and sisters have raised a substantial amount of money from the Muslim community, which turned the property into a Mosque. This is all thanks to Allah and the kind efforts of our brothers and sisters who made so many scarifies.
May Allah accept their efforts:
- for those that are no longer with us, may Allah grant them Jannah
- and for those that are still amongst us, may Allah bless them with His mercy.
Alhamdulillah, in December 1998, Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque started to serve the community by offering:
- The five daily prayers,
- Taraweeh & Tahajud prayers (the night prayers during Ramadan)
- Iftaar During Ramadan
- Eid prayer services
- Hajj & Umrah services
- Quranic memorization classes
- Study circles,
- Youth programs,
- Counseling for families, marriage problems, stress, etcc
- Complete Funeral services (Janazah),
- and other da’wah activities.
However, there is more work to be done in order the Masjid to operate fully and serve the community.