WHAT TO TAKE or WHAT NOT TO TAKE!
WHAT TO TAKE or WHAT NOT TO TAKE
In this check list, all the suggested items to take with you are summarized. Some items are obvious ones that a person normally takes on a trip. However, We have listed them for the less experienced travellers.
- A small pocket-size Qur’aan. There are many Qur’aans available in the mosque. However, it is much easier to have you own. Also you won’t have to get up to get it or take it back, as you may lose your valuable spot in the mosque (Remember not to enter the toilet with the Qur’aan in your pocket.)
- The book of Hajj from Sahih Muslim or Sahih Bukhari. This is a handy authentic reference in case you are unsure about a particular issue.
- Your Hajj reference books that you studied form (inluding this one)
- Prayer mat. You may need it hwen “caught” outside the Haram or when on the road due to traffic or crowds. It can also be used as a sun shield with required and can be very useful during travelling.
- Compass for Qiblah. This will be needed whie traveling.
- A pen. This is always a handy item. Be prepred to share it with other Hujjaj, therefore do not take an expensive pen.
- Paper or a small notebook. If you have a pen, you will need something to write on. Use an A4 paper and divided it into small business cart size) pieces.
- A small bag )backpack/knapsack) that you can carry on your back. This is very useful for you trip to Arafat as well as for moving between Mina and Makkah.
- Shaving machine, blades and scissors. This is not for the beard but for preparing yourself for Ihraam and to shave/cut your hair on the 10th of Dhul-Hijja.
- Scissors (to cut the hair of your femal epilgrims).
- Hairbrush or comb
- Small mirror
- Nail Clippers.
- Alarm clock
- Money belt
- Umbrella (Avoid a balck one, as it draws the heat).
- A hat/cap/koefia or scarf to protect you head form the sun if you plan to shave (men) on the 10th of Dhul-Hjja
- A straw Hajji mkat (If you do not have one, you can buy it in Mkkah. It is a woven straw or plastic mat with a plastic blow-up pillow essential for your night stay in Muzdalifah)
What Not to take?
- Lots of clothes.
- Expensive jewelry.
Benefited from this Article, please consider donating something even if it is one dollar ($1).
Help Us Maintain the House of Allah.
If everyone visiting our site made $27/month donation or one time $97 donation, then we would :
- Add some cool services to the site for free that would benefit you the most.
- Create more motivational articles, quotes, lectures you need.
- We would create HD videos (which means we have to buy the camera).
- We we will not ask for a donation this year 2018.
- Our fundraiser would be done immediately because we have the money this year.
- You helped us maintain the house of Allah.
- You helped us pay expenses such electricity, lights, water, and others...